Just back in town after driving back from GenCon and wanted to share some impressions before they fade away…
- It felt more crowded. Even with badges selling out, It felt like 10% more people were there. I just saw the press release from GenCon, and it doesn’t seem like quite that many, but it did feel like it.
- I loved the area in the stadium. Visited the GenCon “Museum” and had a great time. It was also one of the shortest food lines ever in the concourse.
- Variety of games is better. My two sons attended with me this year, and tried a lot of things I normally wouldn’t, like video games and seminars. They had a great time, and I got to see a few new things.
- The food trucks were great, but there could be even more.
- They Might Be Giants was a blast. Next time I’m springing for up close tickets.
- Demoing games in the dealer room leads to more game purchases. Not a bad thing.
- Gate Ten parking is great.
- Leaving gaps in your schedule to relax helps.
I’ll add more detail by day later. Now back to real life….sigh